Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rainy Thursday Trail Run

I ran 5 miles at WyCo. The trails were covered in running water, which made it nice because it wasn't as muddy as it should of been. At first my legs felt heavy because this was the first time on the trails since I sprained my ankle. The farther I ran the more fun it became. Uphill and down. Over rushing creeks and through rain soaked tree tunnels. There was one point where the trail is about 100 feet above the creek running parallel. The lush green forest kept putting thoughts of Romancing the Stone when Kirk Douglas and Kathleen Turner are running in the Columbian jungle. When the next turn came, out jumped a trail reminiscent of northern California. The smell of decomposing leaves and ferns lined the trail. At the bottom of a hill the creek was full. Most of the trail was under water and I had to dodge the same bull frog on the out and back. By the time my run was winding down all I could think about was letting go of time & mileage. Trail running is only fun if you relax and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment