Thursday, September 5, 2013

Getting Back on the Trail

The new Trail Runner came today and I found myself day dreaming for 30 minutes as I flipped through the pages.  It has been far too long since I have been on the trails.  I kept telling myself over the past 2 years I was too busy or that I didn't want to miss out on family time, but I look back and the time I spent on the trails was more than just exercise, it was...my time.  My last real trail run was the 50k I finished.  I got out of the rhythm after the race, maybe burnt out, and for no real reason  I didn't continue.  So I sit here with my daughter asleep on my chest jonesing for a run.  I tend to put a big plan together and shoot for a crazy goal, like running a 50k with 6 weeks to train, which I did and know this is part of the burn out.  Far too much bitten off.  As of now I have no plans other than to get to the trails and run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment